ParishPay Questions and Answers
What is an Automated Giving Program?
It is a program to financially support the Parish through automated monthly contributions from your checking, savings or credit card account. It is an alternative to the weekly envelope system. There is NO cost to participate in the program.
How does it relate to the use of the weekly envelopes?
If you choose to participate in the Automated Giving Program, it replaces your use of the weekly envelopes, saving the parish that expense.
What are the benefits to the parishioners?
- It allows you to plan your giving in the same way you budget your other financial commitments.
- You no longer have to be concerned with making up missed offertory donations when you are sick or out of town.
- You can easily adjust the amount of your automated contribution (up or down) through the rectory or do it yourself via a secure website or a toll free call.
- You do not have to write a check every week.
- You can easily get a report at the end of the year for use when preparing your income taxes.
- If you use a credit card, you may 'earn' mileage or rewards through your card company.
What are the benefits to the parish?
It enables the Pastor to more accurately predict the offertory revenue and make sound planning decisions. It ties in with an accounting program that we already use, so it minimizes data entry.
How do I enroll?
Enrollment is easy and free. Just do any of the following:
- Go to our secure ParishPay website and donate money electronically
- Fill out an enrollment form at the rectory
- Call 866-PARISH-1 (866-727-4741)
What is ParishPay?
ParishPay is a private company founded in 2001. It is not owned,
operated, or associated with any diocese; it operates worldwide. The
Archdiocese of New York recommends ParishPay and has arranged for them
to contact each parish in the Archdiocese. So it is through them that
we are able to offer their secure website.
Can I contribute to second collections, including both parish and diocesan collections?
Yes, all automated giving participants have an opportunity to contribute to second and special collections at the parish.
How do I change my information, such as my address, the amount of my donation or the bank account / credit card I want to use?
You can make the changes at the parish rectory (change form) or enter them directly by logging into your ParishPay account at the secure ParishPay website.
Which payment methods are accepted?
Automated transfers from your checking, savings or major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express can be used to make monthly contributions, one-time gifts and pledge payments.
Do I receive receipts for tax purposes?
Yes, all contributors enrolled in the program can print out an annual receipt directly from the website every January. This can be used as documentation for the Internal Revenue Service. The parish will also receive a list of the parishioners and their contributions.
I feel uncomfortable with not putting something in the collection basket. What do I do when the basket is passed?
You can offer a token donation or small donation slips are available for people who are participating in the program to drop in the basket at the offertory. They say, "We lovingly made our offertory gift automatically."
Can I donate a one-time gift or pledge for a specific term?
Yes, one-time gifts or pledge for a specific term are gratefully accepted.